Monday, January 19, 2009

More new kits

Gosh, seems like this past weekend just flew by! My sister and I went to a "Crop Till You Drop" in West Lafayette, IN and had a blast! There were lots of wonderful people there and I managed to snag some new stamps on clearance from one of the other vendors which is always a bonus. Plus, we stayed with my friend Melissa and her family which was a lot of fun. I gotta tell you, if you are in that area and have a chance, you should definitely try to make it to one of these crops -- Melissa and her crew do a fantastic job. There was TONS of food and drink and best of all, you could crop as long as you wanted! Rumor has it, some die hards didn't leave until around 5am. ;) For only $30, it's a real bargain!

While I was at the crop, I managed to whip up three new layouts! Woohoo!! The Dad kit is one that I started many months ago and just couldn't seem to finish. I don't know about you, but I think it turned out great! I have to thank my friend Shannon for standing by me and helping me with this one, though. Although Shannon is only 9, she is already an accomplished scrapbooker with a great eye for color and layouts. Thank you, Shannon!

I also managed to finish up the Birthday Boy and Birthday Girl kits. These are a lot of fun to do -- no custom die cuts but they do have lots of bright colors. One of the fun elements in these layouts is the use of 3-D Dots to elevate the letters and some of the other stickers. This gives the layout dimension and keeps it from looking so flat. These kits include two different Doodlebug patterned papers and very bright colors of cardstock.

Got an idea for another new kit? Be sure to post it here and I'll see what I can do! Until the next time, happy scrapbooking!

Ronda

No comments: